NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES & D.C., WHO ARE AGE 18 OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY, AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. U.S. LAW GOVERNS THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
- ELIGIBILITY: Verizon's "FiOS Quantum Speed" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States & D.C, who are 18 years of age or older as of the time of entry, as determined by Verizon Services Corp. ("Sponsor"). Eligibility determinations will be made by Sponsor in its discretion. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors and advertising, promotion and Internet agencies, and members of the immediate family or household of any such employee, are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. In the event of a dispute regarding any online entry, the entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of website registration (i.e., the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address).
- HOW TO REGISTER AND ENTER: The entry period for the Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on August 13, 2012 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on September 12, 2012 (the "Entry Period"). To enter, during the Entry Period, access www.Go.Verizon.com (the "Website") and follow the on-screen entry instructions. Each entrant will be required to provide his or her name, address, email address, date of birth and such other information as Sponsor may require. Following submission of such information, potential entrants will be able to determine whether they reside within a FiOS coverage area. Entries via the Website must be completed and received by 11:59 p.m. ET on September 12, 2012. Entry times will be determined using Sponsor's computer, which will be the official clock for the Sweepstakes. Normal time rates, if any, charged by Internet service provider will apply. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period. No purchase is necessary.
- Winner Selection AND NOTIFICATION: On or about September 14, 2012, one (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor or its agent from among all entries received. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by mail, telephone and/or e-mail, at Sponsor's discretion. If a potential winner cannot be reached within seventy-two (72) hours of the initial notification attempt, he or she may be disqualified and the prize awarded to an alternate winner. The winner is subject to verification. The potential winner may, in Sponsor's discretion, be required to complete and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability, and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release, within three (3) daysf attempted delivery of same. If a potential winner is a minor under the laws of his or her state of residency, the prize may be awarded in the name of the winner's parent or legal guardian, who must complete any required Affidavit/Release. If a potential winner fails to respond to any notification attempt within the time period specified by Sponsor, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner fails to complete and return any required affidavit or release within the specified time period, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
- PRIZE: The Grand Prize is an entertainment makeover with professional installation consisting of the following: one (1) 55" LED 3D HDTV with 2-year Protection plan; one (1) 23" touch-screen all-in-one computer with 2-year Protection plan; one (1) digital home theater speaker system with 2-year Protection plan; one (1) 16 GB tablet device; one (1) video game console; one (1) wall mounting kit; two (2) 8' HDMI cables; one (1) 12' digital audio cable; and $1,500.00 provided in the form of a check or another payment method determined by Sponsor. All other prize details, including the specific brand, model and features of each component of the prize, will be determined by Sponsor in its discretion. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is $10,000. The exact value will depend on where the winner resides and market conditions at the time of prize fulfillment. All federal, state, local taxes on the value of the prize, if applicable, are the responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued in the winner's name if required by law. The prize will be awarded if properly claimed. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of the right to receive the prize is permitted, except in the discretion of Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prize consists only of the items expressly specified in these Official Rules. All expenses or costs associated with the acceptance, installation, configuration or use of the prize or any component thereof that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the prize are the responsibility of the winner. Restrictions may apply.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: Entry constitutes permission for Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and licensees to use the entrant's name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, for commercial purposes (including without limitation advertising and promotion), without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- GENERAL RULES: Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors and advertising, promotion and Internet agencies, Best Buy, and the successors, assigns and agents of each of the foregoing, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the "Released Parties") are not responsible for late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information, or any other human or technical errors of any kind relating to the operation of the Website, communications or attempted communications with any entrant, the submission, collection, storage or processing of entries or the administration of the Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible, and will have no liability, for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause any postponement or cancellation of any trip, event or any component of any prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. The Released Parties are not responsible for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND THE APPLICABLE MLB ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or prohibit from participating in the Sweepstakes any individual who, in Sponsor's sole discretion, Sponsor determines or believes (i) has tampered with the entry process, or has undermined the legitimate operation of the Website or the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices, or (ii) has engaged in conduct that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or any representative of Sponsor, or (iii) has attempted or intends to attempt any of the foregoing. The use of automated devices, programs or methods to submit entries is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it believes may have been submitted using such an automated device, program or method. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this sweepstakes should a virus, bugs, entrant fraud or misconduct, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the sweepstakes. In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted online and a random drawing to award the prize will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. Entry times will be determined using Sponsor's computer, which will be the official clock for the Sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By entering, each entrant releases and agrees to hold each of the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes, the use of the Website, the acceptance, receipt or use of any prize or prize component, and/or any use of the winner's name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information as permitted hereunder, including without limitation all claims and liabilities based on any personal injury, property damages or loss, or death. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes, the use of the Website or the acceptance, receipt or use or any prize or prize component. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be verified or returned. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and by entering each entrant waives all rights to claim punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Sweepstakes or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the State of New York, County of New York, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules.
- WINNER'S NAMES AND RULES REQUESTS: For the name of the winner, available after September 30, 2012, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Verizon "FiOS Quantum Speed" Sweepstakes, c/o Erwin Penland, 125 E. Broad St., Greenville, SC 29601.
- Sponsor: Verizon Services Corp., One Verizon Way, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920. © 2012 Verizon. All rights reserved. Best Buy is not a sponsor of the Sweepstakes.