Business vs. residential internet
With fiber, upload speeds match your download speeds.
- Only fiber is able to provide upload speeds as fast as download speeds.
- Instead of taking minutes, uploads take seconds with fiber.
- Matching upload and download speeds are ideal for businesses and the everyday tasks that are performed.
- Online gaming
- Live chatting
- Adding posts and photos on social media
- Sending an image to a client for approval
- Video conferencing
- Uploading an HD video to a server or cloud
What does 75 Mbps mean?
- 75 Mbps delivers approximately 8.94 MB/second.
- One to two people can share a connection at a time, but more will slow it down.
- The latest iTunes update at 255 MB would take about 28 seconds to download with 75 Mbps internet.
- Streaming movies on Netflix
- Instant messaging and online chatting
- Browsing the internet
- Sending emails
- Online bookkeeping
- Web browsing
- Cloud applications
What is faster internet worth to you?
- Business internet costs more than residential, but it comes with more features and benefits.
- According to the FCC, small businesses spend an average of $106 on broadband services each month. **
- Cable may have 100 Mbps internet, but it costs as high as $149.95 per month and without the faster upload speeds.
- Residential internet price: $39.99/mo.
- Get support via online help forums for frequently asked questions
- Business internet price: $89.95/mo.
- Service level agreements that provide faster troubleshooting and network repair
How fast should internet for one person be?
When it comes to internet speed, it’s easy to over or under-compensate for the tasks you perform on a daily basis. Using internet that has more bandwidth than you need can waste your money, which is just as bad as your productivity suffering due to internet that’s too slow.
It’s important to know how much bandwidth you require—whether for your business or personal needs—to effectively perform tasks and get the most out of your workday. Internet running at 100 Mbps or less might be for you if your day-to-day online activity includes things such as:
- Online streaming and gaming
- Sending and receiving emails
- Basic file uploads and downloads
75 Mbps might be just the right speed for you.Need faster internet? Try 150 Mbps
High-speed internet perfect for small businesses with only a few employees.
Keep up with your workday with equal upload and download speeds.
Fios internet + voice
High-speed internet for businesses with a lot of multimedia needs.
1 VoIP line
30+ calling features
Add Fios TV for as low as $10/mo more for the first year after bundle discount
Get ready—it’s happening near you.
Those in Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, DC and Richmond can now save even more on faster internet.
Reliable internet makes all the difference to your business.
You could be saving more by bundling.
Save time, money, and stress when you choose to bundle your internet, TV, and phone services together, so you can focus completely on your business’s success.
Verizon is the network you can always rely on.
Verizon has been a leader in network services for 11 years, so you know you’re getting the best when relying on our services to grow your business.
Verizon offers the best value for your internet.
Take away the hassle of worrying about your internet equipment. Whether you buy a router up front or make payments, we provide free installation so you don’t have to do it yourself.