Business vs. residential internet
Upload speeds are no longer left in the dust.
- Upload speeds will never be faster than with fiber. One gigabit internet gives you 940/880 speeds.
- Your upload times shrink from minutes to seconds.
- Your business can get work done twice as fast with quicker upload speeds.
- Connect the whole family
- Communicate with live chat and messaging
- Post photos to your timeline almost instantly
- Discover VoIP phone systems
- Implement data modeling
- Support CRM initiatives
- Easily crunch numbers for analytics
What is 1 Gbps internet?
- Gigabit internet (one gig) is one of the fastest internet speeds you can get, and it’s the most popular option among internet users.
- Gigabit broadband is in a league of its own—100 people can be connected and performing tasks at the same time.
- With gigabit speeds, a high-definition video conference or hour-long webinar takes mere seconds to download.
- Talk face to face with video calling
- Stream videos and music with almost no buffering
- Play games online with no lag time
- Run applications within the cloud
- Conduct a meeting over cyberspace instantly with Telepresence
- Easily manage databases
Cut your wait times in half and still keep a manageable bill.
- Cable attempts to imitate fiber connections with Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS).
- Though DOCSIS download speeds compare to those of fiber-optic internet, the price is much higher.
- Cable cannot deliver speed parity—upload speeds will never match download speeds.
- Residential internet price: $79.99/mo.
- Access 24/7 assistance via online help forums and frequently asked questions
- Business internet price: $214.99/mo.
- Get more expedient customer service backed by firm Service Level Agreements.
Customer success story:
Is gig internet overkill?
Customer success story: Is gig internet overkill?
Things move fast at my business. I share my broadband connection with dozens of other employees in my office as we use our devices on a daily basis, and the strain was beginning to take its toll on our bandwidth, and then consequently on our productivity. I literally couldn’t afford a slowdown, which is why I chose to switch to a fiber-optic network.
I did my research and found that using optical fiber enables faster speeds than other internet mediums, such as copper wire. The benefits that have come from my Fios service have exceeded my expectations as well:
- A pure 100% gigabit fiber connection gives my business the best internet service possible.
- With 940/880 Mbps there’s no question that there’s plenty of bandwidth to go around.
- My service equipment transmits directly from its location to the optical network terminal box outside of my office, so my internet connection is rarely interrupted.
I’m constantly surprised by how much my business has come to rely on the speed of gigabit internet. If there was ever any doubt that a gig is worth it, it was gone by the time my internet was switched on.
How fast is gigabit internet service?
One gig internet runs at 940 Mbps, downloading data at a rate of 112.06 MB/second. At this speed you can download a 500 MB video conference in approximately 4 seconds.
With fiber-optic internet, upload speeds increase up to 840 Mbps, freeing up bandwidth. 1 gig can support up to 100 workers without lag.
Verizon business 940/880 mbps internet plan + business digital voice
Fios internet + voice
Built for high-volume businesses with more than 20 employees.
Price includes $10/mo additional discount for 12 months (limit one per account).
1 VoIP line
30+ calling features
Add Fios TV for as low as $10/mo more for the first year after bundle discount
Say goodbye to copper internet lines and hello to Fios—plus $30 off.
Fios is the only internet that offers upload speeds as fast as download speeds.
Call today to see if you qualify.
Get $30 off for 24 months and no activation fee with a two-year contract. *See offer details
Get ready—it’s happening near you.
Those in Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, DC and Richmond can now save even more on faster internet.
Never settle when it comes to your business internet.
Get a taste of one of the leading internet service providers.
Verizon ranks the highest in customer satisfaction among wireline service providers across the US in large enterprise, small/midsize, and very small business segments.
It’s no contest—Fios internet obliterates cable.
Copper-based cable internet is susceptible to corrosion and damage. With durable glass components, fiber is more reliable and far less likely to disconnect during a power outage.
Cash in on the best internet value out there.
For a limited time only, get 1 gig internet for the same price as 500 Mbps. Seize the opportunity now and start your fiber network experience. You’ll be glad you did.
Could your business benefit from a triple play?
Verizon Fios for business is a better way of experiencing your internet. Your entire business will enjoy unrivaled speeds through a fiber-optic network. But your Fios network does more than just run internet for you. Fios custom TV brings your customers unlimited entertainment, transforming dull waiting rooms into enjoyable, stress-free spaces. When it comes to your phone service, Verizon Business Digital Voice provides over 30 calling features that make conversations with customers pleasant and more effective.
The Fios gigabit connection is fast—you could almost say it’s instant internet. You’re not just dealing with fast downloads (which any service provider can boast); you’re also getting 880 Mbps upload speeds, which smashes cable speeds. With that speed applied to each service within your business, you can gain a significant competitive edge and come out on top.
Installing your new Fios Quantum Gateway.*
For one of the most advanced routers in the industry, the process of setting up your Fios Gateway is just as simple as for any other service Verizon offers. Before you begin, be sure to disconnect any existing gateway you have installed and remove all of the old components (including the power supply). These will not be compatible with your new Gateway.
Step 1: Set up your Gateway.
- NOTE: Red lights require troubleshooting.
Step 2: Connect your device.
Step 3: Configure your Gateway.
*All information provided in the Fios Quantum Gateway User Guide
Find out more about Verizon business solutions.Fill out the form and we'll call to give you a quote and answer your questions about Verizon small-business services.
* Required Field